What is love? This is a very simple but big question. Is love an emotion? Is love just something you feel? At Beloved International, we believe that love begins with the heart and mind but inevitably manifests itself in action. The bible says that whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him, but whoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of God is perfected (1 John 2:4-5). God makes it clear through his word that each and every one of us is called to show love to not only one another (John 13:34) but especially some of the most vulnerable people in society – orphaned children (James 1:27).
We want to give all believers the opportunity to tangibly demonstrate the love of God to our family-homes in Kenya by raising money to support Beloved’s children. Every dollar you raise will help a Beloved family sustain itself and bring in even more needy children. The Love Campaign is a program where we create an online fundraising page that you can use to get your supporters to give donations, typically involving a special occasion in your life. Some ideas include:
1) Weddings - On your wedding website, include Beloved as an option on your registry so that guests can donate to Beloved as a wedding gift to you
2) Birthdays & Holidays - Instead of asking for gifts for your birthday or Christmas, have your friends and family members make a donation to Beloved
3) Races - Run a marathon or 5k and have your supporters donate a certain amount for each mile that you run
4) Goods & Services - Provide a good or service that you can “sell” (e.g. a worship CD, babysitting, used clothing, etc.) and donate your proceeds to Beloved
5) Fasting - Give up something you regularly purchase (e.g. buying your daily coffee, eating out for lunch, shopping for clothes, etc.), get your friends to do the same for a period of time, and donate all of the money you saved to Beloved
If you are interested at all about starting a Love Campaign to raise money for Beloved, please email email@example.com.